Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chardale's Golden Milk for Pain

I've seen these recipes floating around and they've always been made with coconut milk and I'm allergic to coconut so I never made it.  But today a front came through and I was hurting so I got desperate. My meds do nothing to touch the barometric pressure pain but this really seemed to help - with my own adaptations of course. If you aren't allergic to coconut I highly recommend using it because it has awesome healing qualities.

The great thing about this is that it tastes really good! Like dessert even!



Chardale's Golden Milk
1/4 c water
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
(You can increase the turmeric and ginger if your taste buds can handle it)

1 tsp coconut oil, grapeseed oil or olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 cups coconut milk, rice milk, protein powder plus water, goat milk - or regular dairy milk (run, run the other way)
Raw honey to taste

In saucepan heat water, turmeric, pepper, cinnamon and ginger over high heat to bring to a quick boil while stirring constantly. At boil turn to medium and keep stirring until it thickens. Remove from heat.

Pour 'milk' in a little at a time stirring constantly. Add oil, vanilla and honey to taste. Heat over low heat while stirring to get to drinking temp.

This is great for pain and inflammation and a great way to get medicinal herbs in the not so enthusiast naturalists and/or kids. 

Give this a try and then post a comment to let me know how/if it worked for you or what modifications you tried/use.

Thank you!

Gypsy Char




No comments:

Post a Comment