Translate

Friday, April 11, 2014

Of Seemingly Endless Grief - The Bruno Handoff

On December 7, 2013 my little dog Bruno passed on here in Florida while I was in Utah trying to help my son Adam find his feet again after the stress of having his daughter Cadence taken 10 months earlier. 

It was a difficult trip with a difficult goal that didn't play out quite the way we planned but in the end it got Adam back in play fighting the courts for his daughter.

I faced brutal criticism from my family while there and afterwards. Three people expressed their condolences. Otherwise there was silence. And the wash of guilt for not being there with Bruno in the end, after 14 years of his undying, hyperfocused attention and an energy field as big as a room. 

Bruno was a Yorkie-Pom-Hairless Chinese created. 

No comments:

Post a Comment